So the other day I realized I had some chicken that either needed to be cooked or tossed soon. I hadn’t planned what I was going to do with it, so I decided to try something new and throw together a few things I had around. Which is how I ended up with what I’ll just call Lemon Garlic Chicken.
Now I understand, this picture is not the beautiful kind you’d see posted on a food blog that will make you want to make this chicken immediately. First, I hadn’t really intended this to be a post at all (this was just a quick picture I took on my phone). Second, if I’d had the patience to turn the broiler on it would probably at least be nice and crispy looking on the outside.
Anyway, it may not be the nicest picture of baked chicken you’ve ever seen, but it was delicious. AND SO EASY!!!
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 1lb. of chicken breasts
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 teaspoons minced garlic (more if you really like garlic)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400° and grab a baking dish (size varies depending on how much chicken you decide to cook).
- Mix together olive oil, minced garlic, and oregano in a bowl. Cut your lemon in half and squeeze one half into the bowl (maybe a little less if you don’t love lemon like I do). Set the other half aside for now.
- Dip Chicken Breasts in the above mixture and poke bottom of chicken a few times (I’m not sure you’re supposed to do this when baking chicken, but I found the chicken to be very moist and more flavorful when I did this on a whim once so I guess I’ll just keep doing it…).
- Place each chicken breast in the baking dish after dipping, and pour the remainder of the mixture over the chicken.
- Cut your remaining lemon half into pieces and place it in the baking dish.
- Bake for around 30 minutes until no longer pink inside. If you’d like them to be a little brown and crispy on the outside you could broil the chicken for a few additional minutes.
Pretty easy right? I’ll definitely be making this again soon. Do any of you have any other easy recipes for cooking chicken?