Grilled Cheese sandwiches are absolutely one of my favorite comfort foods. In the summer I enjoy them with a nice side salad, in the winter who doesn’t live Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup?
If you’re tired of your usual Grilled Cheese Sandwich though, look no further than a Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwich! While this particular time I made my sandwich with Italian Bread, some fresh bakery Sourdough is also perfect for this if you can find it. I’d also recommend you experiment with different cheeses. I love a blend of shredded Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese, but feel free to swap this out for something you enjoy more!
The best part about this sandwich is it is SO EASY. Stupid easy. For a little extra effort, you can make a delicious and different spin on your usual Grilled Cheese.
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 4 slices of Italian Bread
- 1/3 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat pan or skillet to Low-Medium heat.
- In a microwavable bowl melt 3 tablespoons of butter in your microwave.
- Add 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt to melted butter and stir until combined.
- Combine both cheeses in a small bowl.
- Brush Butter/Garlic Salt mixture on two slices of bread and place mixture side down on pan or skillet.
- Split cheese mixture between the two slices.
- Brush remaining Butter/Garlic Salt mixture on the remaining bread slices.
- Cook until crisp and golden on both sides.