A few weeks ago I attended Automattic’s annual Grand Meetup. For those who don’t know, once a year our entire company comes together for one week of togetherness where we work on projects, attend workshops, or just do our usual day to day job among other things (don’t worry, there’s some time for fun too!). While we can sort of pick and choose what we do throughout the week, one thing is mandatory. Flash Talks.
Yep, good old public speaking. My favorite! Not.
Since I knew I couldn’t get out of it, I made sure to pick a topic I at least enjoy talking about in small groups. Which naturally made me thing of baking!
I chose to share one of my favorite cookie recipes, S’more cookies! I found this recipe over on The Girl Who Ate Everything (if you haven’t seen this blog, definitely check it out!). I’ve made these cookies so many times and can’t find any way to improve on them, they’re absolutely perfect.
Here are some photos of the baking process that I shared in my flash talk:
So without further ado, enjoy!
- 11 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 regular sized Hershey bars, cut into individual bars
- 1-2 packges of graham crackers, cut into squares
- In a small to medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine softened butter (cut into squares) with the white and the brown sugar.
- Once mixed, add in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture until combined.
- By hand, or with a powerful electric mixer, add in marshmallows slowly.
- Then slowly add in chocolate chips.
- Once combined, put dough back in your flour bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- While you wait, cut graham crackers into squares and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take dough from refrigerator and using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out dough and form small round balls. Place each ball on a graham cracker.
- Bake for 7 minutes and then take out of oven.
- Cut up Hershey bars into small individual bars and place one on each ball of dough.
- Bake for another 5 to 7 minutes until golden.
One of the best things about these is you don’t have to wait for them to cool, they’re best fresh out of the oven!